Course Aim :
The course aims to introduce candidates to the hazards of manual handling, the risks involved and controls available. It also covers what to expect from a manual handling assessment.
Who Should Attend :
The course is designed for candidates who carry out or supervise manual handling activities at work.
Successful completion will prepare students to look carefully at their
own work activities and contribute to the development of safer methods
and tasks, in co-operation with their managers and supervisors.
Content of Course :
- The process of manual handling in the workplace.
- Manual handling injuries and the activities, which cause them.
- Manual handling assessment and control options.
- Responsibilities imposed by the Manual Handling Operations Regulations.
- Basic instruction in general safe lifting techniques.
By the end of the programme, the candidate will be able to: -
- Explain what is meant by the term "manual handling" and give examples.
- Explain how manual handling can cause injury and give examples.
- State the principles for controlling manual handling risks and apply these in a practical context.
- Demonstrate a general understanding of the value and purposes of conducting a manual handling assessment and what employees can expect of such assessments.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to plan for safe manual
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to undertake kinetic
Examination Information :
There is a short multi-choice test at the end of the course. Candidates are required to correctly answer 15 out of 20 questions in order to
pass the course.
Duration of Course :
The course is designed to be delivered in 3 hours.
Course Dates & Prices
We can run the above course at a location of your choice in the South East of England including Sussex, Surrey, London and Kent