Course Aim :
The course aims to introduce candidates to the hazards associated
with substances hazardous to health, the risks and controls available,
and the methodologies for completing COSHH assessments.
Who Should Attend :
The course is designed for candidates who use or supervise the use of
substances hazardous to health at work.
Successful completion will prepare students to look carefully at
their own work activities and contribute to the development of safer
methods and tasks, in co-operation with their managers and
Content of Course :
- Definition and types of substances hazardous to health in the workplace.
- Health effects of hazardous substances and their causes.
- Contents of Safety Data Sheets.
- COSHH assessments and control options.
- Format and contents of COSHH assessments.
- Responsibilities imposed by the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002.
By the end of the programme, the candidate will be able to: -
- Understand how hazardous substances can cause ill health and
- State the different ways in which hazardous substances may be
- Understand and interpret the contents of Safety Data Sheet
- Understand the principles for controlling substances hazardous to
health and apply these in a practical context.
- Demonstrate how to conduct a COSHH assessment
- Demonstrate an understanding of the main provisions of the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002.
Examination Information :
There is a short multi-choice test at the end of the course. Candidates are required to correctly answer 15 out of 20 questions in order to
pass the course.
Duration of Course :
The course is designed to be delivered in 4 hours.
Course Dates & Prices
We can run the Principles of COSHH assessments course at a location of your choice in the South East of England including Sussex, Surrey, London and Kent